At Nelson Lumber, our number 1 priority is the health and safety of not only our employees but our customers, contractors, vendors, and the general public.
We want to assure you that we are maintaining the same level of systems availability and support that you’ve come to expect as our valued customer.
Nelson Lumber Edmonton will be adjusting business hours to 8am-4pm Monday to Friday starting on March 30, 2020. Nelson Lumber will be implementing standard precautionary measures to aid in the prevention of the Novel Coronavirus.
The steps being taken to mitigate risks and ensure we continue to meet your needs through this health crisis are as follows:
1) Management at each location will be controlling and monitoring the volume of customers within each store to ensure that proper social distancing practices are maintained and executed.
2) We have increased the frequency of disinfecting in all locations and shared spaces. High traffic areas such as cash desks and pin pads are sanitized regularly.
3) We have increased the number of hand sanitizers throughout our locations.
4) We have cancelled or postponed any large scale gatherings.
5) We are reducing any unnecessary hand contact with customers and their paperwork. Limiting operational departments to essential personnel only.
6) We restricted travel where possible.
7) We are following Alberta Health authorities' policies and procedures regarding self-isolation and quarantine situations.
8) Posters are located throughout our stores to remind all personnel of proper handwashing techniques.
9) We have provided staff training related explicitly to COVID-19 on handwashing best practices, sanitary standards, and safe work practices.
At Nelson Lumber, we are monitoring the situation, and we're committed to maintaining the highest possible standards for the safety of our customers, contractors, vendors, and the general public.